When National Rosé Day rolls around each June (this year it is Saturday, June 11!) it’s time to head to Los Olivos. There are 30 rosé wines to taste right in town, all withing walking distance of each other.
And this year, there are plenty of cool new options! You’ll find all styles of Rosé, as well as sparkling Rosé, a PRIDE Rosé, and even a frozen slushie Rosé. It truly is a Rosé All Day Town.
Many wineries have just released their new rosé, which are ready to be enjoyed now and all through the summer. And let’s face it, fall and winter, too.
Rosé can be light and zingy with a hint of color and fruit, or it can have more body and complexity with nice acidity to keep it fresh. Gone are the days of heavy, sweet rosés…most wineries today are making a Provence-style rosé: dry, fresh, a little (or a lot) fruity with tons of acidity to keep your mouth refreshed. Just what we need on warm Spring days and Summer evenings.
Here’s a list of wineries in Los Olivos with Rosé available now:
- Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills
- Blair Fox
- Ca’ Del Grevino
- Carhartt Family
- Epiphany (also a Fesstivity sparkling rosé at The Bubble Shack)
- Four Brothers
- Future Perfect (also a sparkling rosé AND a Pride rosé to celebrate PRIDE month–and all other days of the year–the profits from this rosé will go to Pacific Pride in Santa Barbara, in support of the LGBTQ+ community.)
- Grimm’s Bluff
- Holus Bolus & The Joy Fantastic
- Knife & Barrel
- Liquid Farm
- Refugio Ranch
- Stolpman & So Fresh
- Story of Soil
- Tin City Cider – this is where you get a frozen Rosé slushie!
- Waylan Wine Co.